Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Busy Month

What happened to the summer?! It practically flew by and I barely blinked! I suppose I'm still in a summer-mode since the weather is still pretty hot, and Wayne is still on "summer break".

Update:
September is going to be a busy month. We'll be out of town every weekend (the first three are bay area weddings) and the last weekend, we'll be in Singapore. And the first weekend of October, we may be lounging somewhere on the beaches of Maui... =)

I'm still knitting, and now armed with a new sewing machine (yay!!), I have plenty to keep myself occuppied. I'm also taking a mandarin class this fall. It's an introductory course at SCC. I figured at this point in my life, I have seriously backpeddled from my writing and reading skills. I would still like to learn pinyin and the simplified form. Everyone but Taiwan is using it, and I figured it would be more useful (I still think simplied is uglier than traditional, but it's more practical nonetheless). I've had one class so far, and already I have to study for a quiz. But it'll be ok - I'm secretly a bit more advanced than the rest of the students, but I'm keeping it on the dl for now (I don't want to stick out).

On the spiritual front of things - I met up with an older friend who challenged me a bit on my perspective of my "lack" of purpose. Feeling alot more encouraged in several things, and I'm reminded that I'm unrealistically hard on myself. It's ok to be human, and it's ok to fall. We're still on this broken and imperfect world, and heaven is definately NOT here, nor should I expect it to be here. My hope has been displaced, and I'm glad for the reminder. =)

Posted by Ruth at 8/31/2005

1 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:10 AM  
    Hey, while you're in the Bay Area for thos weddings, do you think we could get together for coffee?

Post a Comment

« Home