Sunday, January 29, 2006

Year of the Dog

Happy Chinese New Year!



I made the Nian Gao (New Year Cake) from scratch for the very first time. I was pretty impressed with how it went - I made two batches (one for the Couples Kinship and another for T&A's baby shower) and both were gobbled all up. It tasted the best fresh and hot right out the the oven - a crunchy sweet crust with a gooey sweet and sticky inside. Here's what's left of the yummy goodness:



I'm definately keeping this recipe for future chinese new years. =)

Posted by Ruth at 1/29/2006

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie posted at 5:49 AM  
    Happy New Year! (I said it over on your knitting blog too ;o) )

    What is in that recipe? It looks good. Glad everyone enjoyed it and gobbled it up!

Post a Comment

« Home