Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Breakdown

It's been a really busy season. I was glad for April to be over, because April was jam-packed, and I had high hopes of taking a much needed break and relaxing in May. I was sorely disappointed. I hit my breaking point last weekend - I took my emotions (anger, frustration, tears) as an indication that something was internally wrong. I logically concluded that I am just so very tired. Emotionally, physically, socially.

I knew this season would be busy because I said "yes" to alot of things - not because I didn't know how to say "no", but because I really was interested and excited to be involved and to do all the fun activities I committed to. But I failed to notice that I had signed up for too many things. Next time, I'll do better. I'll take better care of my time. Because, obviously, when you spread yourself thin, you don't do a good job in anything. And right now, I'm doing a half-job with everything, and that in itself is frustrating, because a bunch of these commitments are ministries. What a disservice to everyone that I am serving! And I take ministry very seriously.

Currently frustrated at myself, tired, and burnt out. Even my knitting is not enjoyable, it's "work". At this point, I'm teetering on very thin ice - survival is day to day, week by week. Vacation comes in July, August, September, and October. Somehow it's not coming up sooner than I'd like. =P

Posted by Ruth at 5/09/2006

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:51 PM  
    I'm so sorry, Ruth. It sucks when survival is on a day-to-day basis. I do hope that you will experience some relief soon. Hugs!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:13 AM  
    Oy...I'm sorry to hear that you are stretched so thin. Do take care of yourself...even if that means humbling yourself and letting people know there is too much on your plate. Praying for you.
  3. Blogger maniacalmultitasker posted at 7:47 PM  
    Ahhh Ruth...same here. Can you give any tips as to how to survive this..?
    I've been in a down patch for many months now. Just when I think I'm getting myself back in to the groove, I'm back in a rut.
    Used to enjoy being harried with the adrenalin pumping... now? just plain tired. Even vacations are tiring...sigh*!
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:14 PM  
    hi ruth!

    sorry ur feeling so burnt out lately. i hope thingsbecome more manageable and enjoyable soon. sorry for not calling you about the airport ride. it completely slipped my mind, as my roommate offered to drop me off and pick me up as well. i apologize for not being courteous and calling you after you had told me you could help me out.

    anyways, i hope things will be better for you this week.

    - jon

Post a Comment

« Home